Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System Research Services


Quick Links

Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My healthevet badge

VA Ann Arbor Research Service - Leaving the VA

Principal Investigators leaving the Ann Arbor VA MUST Close or Transfer all open research projects PRIOR to leaving the VA!

If the investigator leaves VA, all research records are retained by the VA facility where the research was conducted. If the grant is ongoing and the investigator leaves one VA facility to go to another VA facility, the investigator must obtain approval for a copy of relevant materials to be provided to the new VA facility's research office. The investigator is not the grantee, nor does the investigator own the data.

Documents for closing/transferring projects can be found in VAIRRS.  Transfers or closures must be submitted to all subcommittees plus RDC.  RDC cannot approve a PI transfer or project closure until it has been reviewed and approved by the relevant subcommittees.